- Animal Shelter
- Foster a Pet
Foster a Pet
To provide a safe and healthy environment for stray animals awaiting return to their homes and to help those not claimed find a new home. We also provide education to the public regarding animal health, benefits of spay/neuter, Animal Control Laws and requirements, and general well-being of all pets.
- Fosters have a huge impact on our organization!
- Allow us to take in animals that are most at risk, such as very young puppies/kittens and medical cases that need more care than we can provide during our regular business hours.
- Help puppies and kittens get the best start in life by providing them with socialization during a critical period and keeping them in a healthy home environment.
- Things to consider before fostering:
- Do you have an area in your house/apartment to house fosters? Do you have landlord restrictions?
- How much time/availability do you have?
- Do you have reliable transportation to bring animals to appointments and back to the shelter?
- Fosters need compassion & dedication to helping animals find a permanent home!
- *Basic supplies such as food, bedding, crate, etc. can be provided by LAS as available*
- Types of animals in need of foster:
- Neonatal- young kittens with or without a mother.
- Medical Needs- animals of any age that need extra care while recovering from a medical condition.
- Neonatal program
- Time commitment can be anywhere from 2 - 8+ weeks depending on age of puppies/kittens
- Includes bottle babies, babies eating gruel, weaned kittens, and moms with litters.
- Fosters for moms with litters are ESPECIALLY needed!
Must be at least 18 years of age to be a foster. Children and teenagers in the home may help care for and interact with foster animals, but the primary foster must be over 18.
Your Next Steps
- Read over our foster manual and foster agreement
- Fill out a Foster Application on our website or in person at the Lampasas Animal Shelter
- Follow us on Facebook at Lampasas Animal Shelter
- Reply to a Foster E-mail
- Start Fostering!
Complete the Application
If you are interested in becoming a Foster Care Volunteer, the next step is to complete the Foster Application. A copy of the Foster Manual and the Foster Agreement is available for review.
Please contact our Foster care coordinator at 512-556-8586 or via e-mail at FOSTER@CITYOFLAMPASAS.COM with any questions. Please write “Foster Care Inquiry” in your e-mail subject line.
If you feel you are not quite ready to become a Foster Care Volunteer but would like to help support our program, please consider donating any of the following much-needed supplies:
*Foster Amazon Wish list*
Because of you, we are able to continue finding these animals their forever homes!! Thank you!!