Who do I contact if my electricity goes out?
If you have a power failure, first check your house circuit breakers. Breaker boxes are often located inside the house, possibly in a closet or in the hallway. Sometimes breaker boxes are installed outside the house next to the actual electric meter. The breakers may have tripped to the off position. If you find that your breakers are all still in the "on" position, call the Public Works Secretary at (512) 556-8315 between 7:00am and 4:00pm, or at (512) 556-6235 at the Police Department after hours, holidays, or weekends.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if I have a water leak or sewer backup?
2. Where can I go to take brush?
3. What do I do if I am experiencing water pressure problems?
4. What if my water looks brown in color or cloudy?
5. How can I report a Street Repair or Pothole Repair?
6. Who do I contact when a drainage ditch is clogged or overgrown?
7. Who do I contact regarding tree limbs on the Power lines?
8. Who do I contact if my electricity goes out?
9. When is the Brush Chipping Program?
10. Can they get limbs or brush by my porch?
11. When can I take my brush to the City Barn facilities at 201 Brown Street?
12. Is Clean Sweep week the same as Household Hazardous Waste Day?
13. If I want some of the dirt from a dig site, what do I need to do?
14. What do I need to do if I want some mulch from the City Facility?