Duties and Responsibilities
Provides leadership and direction to the City's economic and community development efforts within guidelines established by the Lampasas Economic Development Corporation and the City of Lampasas. In addition, acts as point of contact for business retention and expansion projects, as well as, business relocation according to economic development goals and objectives.
Major areas of responsibility for the department include:
- Represents the Lampasas Economic Development Corporation and City of Lampasas to state and federal agencies, business prospects, developers, and at trade shows.
- Assists in providing financial, grant, and incentive packaging
- Assists in providing 380 agreements for business prospects and expanding businesses
- Maintains developer and commercial real estate relationships in major markets
- Assesses workforce needs, and works cooperatively with Texas Workforce Development Commission & Lampasas County Higher Education Corporation
- Assesses housing and community development needs in consultation with City Manager
- Follow up and continued communication with all economic development inquiries
- Prepares and packages all promotional and demographic information related to business expansion opportunities
Other duties of the department include assisting in the overall operation of the City in times of need or emergency, and assisting in the marketing and development of EDC and City owned property for economic development purposes.