Sex Offender RegistrATION
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION
The Lampasas Police Department is responsible for the registration and updating of all files for registered sex offenders residing in the City of Lampasas as required by the Sex Offender Registration Program under Chapter 62 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure. This includes the photographing and fingerprinting of registrants, as well as performing compliance checks to ensure registrants are complying with all applicable laws.
Effective January 22, 2019, the Lampasas Police Department began registration of sex offenders that reside within the city limits of Lampasas.
The sex offender registration program is a sex offender registration and public notification law designed to protect the public by providing sex offender information. The law requires adult and juvenile sex offenders to register with the Lampasas Police Department, if they currently reside in the city limits of Lampasas.
The sex offender must report in person to the Lampasas Police Department to register and verify information. Sex offenders can schedule an appointment by contacting Police Chief Jody Cummings at (512) 556-3644.
Sex offenders are required to provide the following verifications:
- Proof of Identity, Texas Driver’s License / Texas Identification Card
- Personal information must match that of Proof of Identity
- Proof must have a current address
- Proof of Residency, i.e., a lease, rent receipt, proof of home ownership, utility bill, etc. A copy shall be provided by the sex offender registrant.
The Lampasas Police Department conducts sex offender compliance checks on all sex offenders to confirm their registration and compliance.
A sex offender who fails to comply with any registration requirement is subject to felony arrest.
- If you have a question or information about a sex offender or wish to report a violation, such as the offender not reporting an address change, please contact Police Chief Jody Cummings (512) 556-3644, or
- By an anonymous report to the Hill Country Area Crime Stoppers at 1-866-756-8477, or online at http://www.hillcountryareacrimestoppers.com
Registration and updates are conducted at the Lampasas Police Department at 301 East Fourth Street, Lampasas, Texas.
For any questions regarding Sex Offender Registration, please feel free to contact Chief of Police Jody Cummings at (512) 556-3645.