Book Donation Guidelines
Lampasas Public Library welcomes donations which are clean, dry, and mold-free. Donations will be evaluated and, if appropriate, will be added to the collection. Otherwise, they will be put in our ongoing book sale. If you wish that your donated books be added to the library’s collection, please inform us before donating. Once materials are donated, they become the sole property of the library, and library staff determines their disposition.
Guidelines for bringing in your donations:
- Please bring your donations to the front desk during library hours. Items left outside will be
- Please bring your materials in boxes or bags that you can leave at the library.
- Please limit book donations to no more than two boxes worth of items.
- Call the library in advance if you wish to bring in a large number of boxes of donated materials.
- If you require a receipt, please complete a counting form before you come. Be sure to give the total number of materials you are donating in each category. We cannot assign a value to the materials.
We gladly accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition, including large print and children’s books
- Recent bestsellers
- Commercially recorded items (music CDs, DVDs, audiobooks on CD) in their original cases
We cannot accept:
- Items that are unhealthy to handle, dirty, moldy, smelly, chewed, wet, or otherwise damaged (general guideline: if you wouldn’t give it to a friend, please don’t give it to the library)
- Boxes that have been moved directly from long term storage to the library. Please make sure you have properly inspected your materials before donating them.
- Books with missing covers or pages
- Softcover books with crooked or twisted spines
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, or Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Clearly outdated materials (old travel guides, etc.)
- VHS tapes
We appreciate your generosity, cooperation, and support!